Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ok so I've realized that almost 2 weeks have past since I competed in the Chicago triathlon and still haven't posted ANYTHING about it yet. Let me just mention that the days immediately following the triathlon, I was organizing, getting rid of and packing up all of my stuff in my entire apartment. Then I drove my moving truck from Dayton,OH to Rochester, NY, unloaded some stuff and met up a couple of my besties who helped me move stuff, then woke up the next day and drove from Rochester to BOSTON! And since I've moved, I have not had internet and lost my cell phone (which I dropped in the park, and was then stolen). So now I'm sitting in starbucks and have some time to blog about the tri so here goes....


The day before the triathlon, I attended the triathlon expo with Marre. There I picked up my packet, got my tri ink (wave number 36 on my calves, and my bib number 5691 on my arms), and got my t-shirt. I also looked around at some of the vendors and ended up buying a race belt, Yanks, and a new tri top for like 40% off retail value.


I woke up at 4:30am (actually it was more like 4:45 bc I snoozed a couple of times), and ate a late breakfast. I had to get down to transition because it closed at 5:45. Aaron, Rho and I walked all my stuff from our hotel to the transition area, and made it there by 5:30. This gave me 15 minutes to find my spot, which was designated in rows by our wave number.

No comments:

Post a Comment