Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Exercise is good for the soul.

Didn't get to do a morning workout today because I had to be into work at 6am. Since we were sampling for pharmaceuticals, I wasn't allowed to drink caffiene until we were done sampling. Therefore, I was exhausted ALL damn day and finally had caffiene at 2pm. When I finally got home from work, I was feeling a bit cranky and slightly depressed. This is most likely due to the fact that I didn't get very much sleep the night before and it wasn't very good sleep either since I was tossing and turning all night. After packing up some of my stuff (I'm moving out of Southie to Cambridge at the end of August), I eventually ate dinner and then biked for 35 minutes around Southie until I ran out of daylight. During the ride, I tackled some pretty big hills, but it was kind of annoying to have to slow down or stop at each intersection. After my ride, I dropped my bike off home and went on a 45 minute run. I think I'm falling in love with running. I didn't really want to stop once I hit the 30 minute point. The only reason I stopped is because my left knee was starting to get a little sore and I decided to stop so I could ice it before I went to bed. After I was done with my run, I felt great! I wasn't tired and I didn't feel depressed at all! :)

This morning I went down to the South Boston Yoga Studio for an hour long group class before work. I've been in need of a good full body stretch and I definitely got it! Some of the positions were a little uncomfortable on my knees at first until my body warmed up a bit. I feel great today, and can't wait to go for a swim in the pool this afternoon! I'm going to be doing a lot more yoga in the future because I love the effects it has on my body and mind (and soul)!

My wetsuit arrived yesterday, so I'm hoping to get in an open water session this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment