Friday, June 11, 2010

No Half Marathon for this chick

On Wednesday after writing my last post, I hit the pool to get some laps in. I was a little disappointed when I got to the pool and saw that they changed the lanes around to be 50yards instead of 50meters, but I survived. I warmed up with some drills for 250yards, then ended up swimming 36 laps, resting for ~30 seconds after every 4 laps (100 yards). It took me a while to get into a rhythm, but once I was on my 10-11th I felt really comfortable with my pace and breathing. Therefore, I just kept going. After 40 minutes of swimming, I felt a little fatigued so I called it quits.

Later that evening, Heather and I did 30 minutes of Denise Austin's Power Yoga at Nargle's house. I slept like a baby that night!

Yesterday, I took it down a notch and ended up biking for 30 minutes and then doing some light core stuff (pushups, situps, etc). And today is my day off since I will be playing in volleyball tournaments all weekend. I made the decision not to go to Chicago this weekend because my best friend who was going to run it with me decided not to run it afterall. I also don't feel like my body is in shape to handle 13miles comfortably. I mean, don't get me wrong, I can do it. But it will be really painful!!! I'd rather ease into it to avoid overtraining and a possible stress fracture (that's my worst fear by the way!!!)

I've also been having some knee issues (mainly tendonitis) which is THE WORST right after I stop running. I iced my knees a little last night, and they are in no shape right now to go for a run today. They just need some rest, more icing, and a good dose of glucosamine, and I'll be good to go for my weekend of volleyball! Playing co-ed grass doubles on Saturday and Sunday with 2 great and super fun guys so I'm really pumped. I've never played doubles in grass before, but I think I'll be alright since I'm used to being slower in the sand. Let's just hope the weather is good!!

Time to get back to being productive, TGIF!

99 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment