Wednesday, May 26, 2010

And I'm back...

First of all, let me just say that I haven't been doing nothing. However, since I haven't written in so long, I can't remember everything. I've also found that because I wasn't writing about it, I wasn't as motivated as normal. I will admit that I've been slacking a little bit, and I'm getting a little frustrated trying to get back to the point I was at before I took a week off -- very stupid move. It set me back a ton!

Since I'm pretty much starting over, I've decided to just start with what I did today and go from there.

During my lunch break, I headed to the pool and swam 500 meters just to clear my mind. It worked and I was fairly productive for the rest of the afternoon. Then I ran 5.61 miles up to Castle Island (with a short pit stop at the 1.2 mile mark to visit my Wednesday night VBallers). Since my partner was in Cancun, we didn't play women's doubles tonight. Would have been nice to play, but glad I got some tri-training in.

I was planning on riding my bike this evening, but had some trouble with putting air in the tires. I tried 2 different pumps, so I think it's a valve problem. I think it's about time to take it to the bike shop and maybe invest in some new wheels for it so I can finally get it on the road and not have to worry about getting a flat. Until then, I will have to settle for riding on the stationary bike in the gym.

Less than 18 weeks to go until the Half-Iron man, but only18 days until the Half-Marathon in Chicago with Marre. I plan on running a 10 mile run before next Monday because I'm leaving for Phoenix for VB nationals on Tuesday evening.

A little cross-training and P90X is in store for tomorrow....my favorite! :)

3 comments:

  1. I care.

    GO KAREN GO!

    Keep up the fine work & motivating the rest of us... I continue to cycle, run & swim with your inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete