Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So the day after the bike (Friday), I had severe pain in my left foot which hindered my ability to walk. I've diagnosed myself with Morton's neuroma, where the nerve between the third and fourth toe becomes inflamed and hurts like hell. It usually begins to act up when I wear tight shoes, or heels. I'm thinking the problem was the damn toe clips on my bike pedals, so I have decided not to use them for the triathlon. I took Saturday off too, for some R&R with Aaron. We went camping at Caesar's Creek Lake, and I brought my wetsuit in case we wanted to get a swim workout in. We never ended up swimming because we had the dogs with us, the beach we went to was rather scummy, and I forgot my goggles. So we came back early on Sunday night, and got a quick workout in at LA Fitness. I biked on the spinning bike for about 25 minutes, and then ran 3.2 miles on the treadmill.

Yesterday, I was feeling preety good after a nice relaxing weekend, and I swam 1800meters. I also did some research on gear for the triathlon. I've decided to buy "Lace Locks", which are these little widgets that go on your shoelaces so they don't come untied while you are racing. I've also looked into buying a pair of aero-bars for my bike, but I don't really want to put another $60 into it. Do you think they are worth the investment?

No comments:

Post a Comment