Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mom's visit

Saturday was a rest day because Mom came into town on Friday night.

Mom, A and I went on a 28 mile bike on Sunday. We rode at a pretty slow pace, because it was a leisure ride so I didn't keep track of the time. After the bike ride, I went to L.A. Fitness to check out the place where Aaron will be doing his swim training. I swam with him and his friend Andrew for about 45 minutes and probably only swam about 500 meters.

Monday, I took the day off with the excpetion of a yoga session in the morning.

Last night, I ran 6.5 miles which took 65 minutes. Today I'm feeling very sore from that workout, mostly in my hamstrings.

Today is swim day. Actualy helped out my soreness. I swam a 50m warmup, 50m cool down and swam 1600m in less than 45 minutes. I'm really trying to swim continuously, but it's not working out so well. I am finding that I am becoming more and more comfortable in the water the more I swim. I've also settled on bilateral breathing. It seems to be the best method for me, and I don't get out of breath as much after each length.

1 comment:

  1. I will also be mastering the bilateral breathing. I find that if I dont, I tend to panic a little in the water because im so used to being a runner and gasping for air whenever I need it. With swimming you have to cognitively think about your breathing and at times you may have to hold it (or at least be exhaling slowly/continuously). Its all timing doesnt happen just over night. Keep at it
    Im excited to try out my new goggles. After having my other pair fog up just about every time I used them (even with spit and that anti fog gel), im hopeful. Yes I have the gel if anyone would like to try it.

    ReplyDelete