Thursday, July 23, 2009

Swim, bike AND run!

I managed to get in a 1600m swim yesterday! It was awesome! But I was exhausted at the end. Also played 3 games of volleyball (coed 4's=low intensity). I took a lot of breaks, so it took about 45-50 minutes to complete, but I was going for distance rather than time. Now I can work on taking less breaks. I've also worked on my breathing, and feel that I am more comfortable breathing to one side, but I think bilateral is more efficient.

Tonight, A and I went on a bike ride on the bike path by the river. I ended up getting about 14 miles in within an hour. We were on a time constraint because we had a volleyball game. I did manage to run for about 10 minutes when I got off the bike though to get used to the bike/run transition. I also held a tryout for which of my dogs is the best training partner. Otis runs with me the best, but he also gets tired the soonest. Also, Jack has hip problems, so I don't want him to run for very long. So I think Otis made the cut....

I've decided that I am no longer going to train anything more than 15 miles on my damn hybrid bike. It's too damn tiring. I'm going on craigslist tonight to find me a damn bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment