Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Long Run

Painful 60 minute (6.1 mile) run in the Woodland Cemetary yesterday. When I first started, I found that my achilles tendon was really bothering me. It took me a really long time to warm up, and I was running pretty slow for about 40 minutes, regardless of all the hills. After that, my euphoria kicked in and I felt great for the next 15-20 minutes. I even had enough energy left to really kick in it for the last 45 seconds. As soon as I stopped, though, my knees and ankles started aching! I also played a game of co-ed doubles last night, which is a workout in itself. Hopefully I am not over training. I'm taking the day off today to give my joints a break. I also think that I would greatly benefit from a long yoga session, so maybe I will check that out this evening.

Also going to look into buying a GPS/Heart Rate Monitor watch to track my ticker and my mileage because I'm assuming my Nike+ is going to die any day now and my iPod is so out of date that it cannot be updated anymore. I hear Garmin has a nice one....

No comments:

Post a Comment