Monday, July 27, 2009

New Wheels

So on Friday, I managed to get a 1400m swim done in 36 minutes. I would have swam more, but the pool closed, so I swam until I got kicked out.

Saturday and Sunday this weekend were both volleyball days. On Saturday I played women's doubles with Andrea. We ended up losing in finals to a team that we SHOULD have DEFINITELY beat. Anyways, it was fun. The on Sunday I played co-ed doubles with Aaron. We played well for the most part, with some errors at very inappropriate times. We lost to a team that we hate losing to, but then saw them get beat right after. But what matters is that we had fun, and I got a nice tan.

On Sunday evening, A and I went for a bike ride so I could test out my NEW ROAD BIKE!!! I got an amazing bike for a really good price, and I'm so pumped about it.

Here are the specs:
Cannondale Criterium 3.0
-12 speed
-1990
-Frame: 60cm, Hand Forged Heat Treated Aluminum
-Standover 34.25" (for person 6' or taller)
-Shifters: Shimano 105
-Brake Levers: Shimano 105 SLR (Downtube with indexing) <---not sure what this means?
-Brakes: Shimano 105
-Bottom Braket: Shimano 105
-Pedals: Shimano 105 Toe-Clip
-Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
-Back Derailleur: Shimano 105
-Crankset: Shimano 105
-Cassette 6 Speed
-Seat: Diamondback Performance (this is going to be replaced since it's very uncomfortable)
-Hubs: Shimano 600
-Rims: Campagnola LAMBADA strada
-Tires: Forte GT2 700x28c Kevlar

And I got all of this awesome-ness for only $300. The ride last night went pretty well. We were riding into the wind on the way to our turn-around point, so the amount of effort I was putting in was deceiving. On the way back, I saw how fast the bike was and how much less effort I was putting in than Aaron, who was riding my hybrid. I still need to get used to having the shifters on the frame, and riding in racing position (makes the back sore if you're not used to it). But over all, it's a very FAST bike. I didn't use the toe clip pedals last night, but I will put them on for next time. I thought about clip in pedals, but then I would have to buy shoes. I'm not really up for that investment just yet, so I might be racing with toe clips.

I'm pretty sore today, so I'm thinking of taking the day off. I may go for a run later if I'm up for it. We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment