Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And I'm back!




Ok, so my brother Dan and I just signed up for the 70.3 IronMan in Syracuse on September 19. It turns out to be a perfect time and location for me to race, and gives me plenty of time to train.

I started my training on Monday with a 1000m swim. It wasn't too bad. I stopped to catch my breath after every 100m, but the length of time it took to recover kept getting shorter as my body got warmer and more comfortable with being in the water again. I had to order a new suit though, because the one I used to train with last year had some serious sagging issues going on. For the record, when they say "resistant to chlorine degradation", they are full of crap. Instead of falling for that again and buying an expensive training suit, I decided to buy a $20 one-peice Speedo with some random, ugly design.

Yesterday morning (Tuesday), I did a short upperbody circuit at home (pullups, shoulder presses, upright rows, bicep curls, tricep extensions, bentover rows, AND repeat). Then in the afternoon, I hit the bike at the gym for 45 minutes and then immediately went to the treadmill for a mile run. Definitely had brick legs for the first 5 minutes or so, but once that went away, I felt like I could run for days. I couldn't of course because I had to go to class. :(

Today, however, I had some serious issues getting out of bed. I'm sore, and have no energy. I'm afraid that I might have overdone it in the past 3 days (Sunday was a volleyball tourney). I'm planning on going for a light run today once the rain/snow stops, so we will see how that goes.

I'm also missing a part of my Nike+, which pisses me off because I love knowing how far I've gone and my pace and everything. If I can't find it within the next few days, I may have to splurge and buy a new one. They are only $30, so that's not too bad. Unfortunately, my iPod is not working correctly. I can't sync it with my itunes. Perhaps it's because it's like 7 years old, and is the first version Nano. So I've been running with the same songs, and I'm ready to change my playlist. Maybe I will just get a cheap Shuffle, which is enough to put a few songs on to get me through an hour-long run. We will see...

It is now 2:30pm and I have hardly done anything. So I'm off to campus to get some school work done. Maybe I will just use the treadmill today so I can track my distance, and won't get sick from running in the rain.

It feels good to be back on the training wagon! Now I just have to put a higher focus on my nutrition if I want to have enough energy to train and be productive in school.

Only 199 days (28 weeks) left to train for the biggest race of my life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment