Friday, April 2, 2010

GREAT Friday.

After my morning yoga ritual with Heather, I took Jack for an hour long walk. After the walk I was feeling a little sluggish, and the thought of bagging my run for today had crossed my mind. But then I thought about my short and long term goals. My short term goal is getting a good time (under 45 minutes) for the 5 mile race in Southie that I just registered for. The race is next Sunday and only about a block from my apartment. Perfect!

A longer term goal is to complete a half-marathon in less than 2 hours. I'm planning on doing this in Chicago on June 13 with my best friend/college roommate, Marre. The ultimate goal, of course, is to complete the 70.3 in Syracuse on 9/19.


Now back to TODAY. It has FINALLY come to the point where I can workout outside in a tanktop and running shorts. Hallelujah!!! It's around 70 degrees today with a slight breeze down by the harbor (which is where I ran). So with the great weather, and my goals in mind, I was super pumped for my workout today.

When I started my run, my goal was to run 4 miles and then come home to do a crossfit workout in the house. While I was running, I decided that instead of working out inside, I would run up to the stadium and do a bleacher/track workout. So that's exactly what I did.

Here's my workout for today AFTER the 4 mile run (which took approximately 38 minutes)

2 minutes bleachers
20 inclined pushups
2 minutes bleachers
20 V-sits
2 minutes bleachers
20 Santana Pushups (with leg lift)
30 second rest
30 walking lunges
400m jog
10 burpees
400m jog
50 crunches

Run home (1/2 mile).


My knees are starting to throb because this is the first time in a while that I've run on the pavement. Nothing a little ibuprofen can't fix... :)

1 comment:

  1. Goals are good to set! Keep thinking of them when you wake up each day. Although I dont know much about your previous running history, I think with your natural athletic abilities that you can accomplish those goals that you have set. Maybe you can even take the doggies on a run or two. Have fun with it and good luck. If you ever need any running advice, let me know :0 )

    ReplyDelete